For Senior Leaders with line responsibility for operations who want to make a step change in safety performance, meet challenging safety performance goals, or change the safety culture.
Purpose of the Workshop
Senior leaders have the dual responsibility of setting the safety goals for the organization and managing the execution necessary to achieve those goals. This one-day safety leadership workshop examines the safety goals of the organization, the principles of execution, and the best practices in leading safety performance.
• The critical senior leadership practices that make the biggest difference in achieving safety execution.
• Understanding the principal factors that determine the level of safety execution in the organization.
• Effectively measuring your organization’s safety performance, and how to track change and improvement.
• Making change happen.
At the completion of the Managing Safety Performance workshop, participants will be able to apply practical leadership tools and concepts to the goal of sending people home safe:
• Gain support for the goals of working safely from managers, supervisors, and those performing the work of the organization.
• Use Management by Walking Around and take effective actions to deal with unsafe conditions and behaviors.
• Effectively reinforce safe behavior on the job.
• Recognize and deal with the impact of culture on safety performance.
• Understand the factors that produce injuries and the principal causes for injuries.
• Recognize the role of execution and who has the most influence and control over safety execution.
• Use better metrics and measurement techniques to measure the level of performance and improvement.
Managing Safety Performance is an intensive one-day workshop that combines facilitation and teaching. Lecture, individual and group exercises, and case studies are used to bring real world safety management problems into the classroom. The course is taught by an instructional staff with both extensive line management experience in industry and consulting experience working with leaders at all organizational levels..
COPYRIGHT © 2002-2018 PAUL D. BALMERT - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED